Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Developments

Ada follows instructions:

She's followed directions before a little bit. Keep your cup on your tray... she'll do it if it's a game, for a little while, and then drops it after it's not fun any more. But yesterday, I pulled the laundry from the drier and 2 of the drier balls came with me. I dug them out, handed them to her, and said "Will you put these in the laundry?" She took them, walked over to the washer, put one of the balls down on the floor to open the door, and put the other ball in. Then she got distracted so the other ball from the floor never made it into the washer but still, good job Ada!


Ada has clothing preferences:

This morning I put on a pair of 12 month jeans. They were on the shelf and Ada had picked them out. The waist was too big (as usual) so they were falling down. After ~15 minutes, I grabbed another pair, pulled the jeans off of her, and sat her in my lap. "No, no, no," she said, thrashing and not letting me easily put the new pair on. "You want to wear these?" I asked, holding up the jeans. "yeah" she said, and helped stick out her leg so I could put them back on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment