Friday, November 13, 2015

Ada

Wednesday was Veterans' Day, so Gladys closed the daycare. Ty took care of the kids in the morning, they were lucky enough to get a park trip. Then he brought them to my work. I was bringing them into the building, and our address 10975 was in big numbers along the wall next to the side walk. Ada got there and said 5! and traced the 5. 7! and traced the 7... and so on. She thought the 1 was a 7 because of the front hook. I knew she knew a few numbers but apparently she knows most of them. She is learning upper and lower case letters and knows a handful of those too. 

She's really great, almost always agreeable, we're so lucky with her. She is amazing verbally, and so great with Seth.

My favorite story of the year from her:

Ada still likes to get milk in a sippy cup in the morning and drink it in bed (our bed, not hers). One morning while I was on leave, I was nursing Seth. Ada holds her milk cup up to my breast and says "same! cheers!"


No comments:

Post a Comment