Sunday, January 25, 2015

December pictures

Sleeping beauties. Ada playing with her hair even asleep. Ada rarely ends up in our bed, but a handful of times she has woken up scared. Ty can get her back down but I don't even try, just bring her in with us.

This must have been the day of the Christmas party at daycare given her Christmas dress! She very rarely eats dinner well, here is an amazing empty plate! and there were vegetables on it too.

Morfar refinished the doll cribs that Deirdre and I had growing up and shipped them to Kira and Ada. We had tons of fun with the packing peanuts...




The actual crib and pillow and blankets are also a huge hit. hopefully she likes the real baby brother as much as some of her dolls!

We checked out some lights in a San Diego neighborhood (Rancho Penasquitos, not too far from us) called Christmas Card lane. There were a lot of lights and themed decorations, was pretty fun. Ada was too little for a lot of the stuff since she only knows a few pop culture characters, and somehow nobody did a Dora theme... we did see general animals, and Mickey. Lots of houses have fire pits and chairs out, and they sell hot chocolate, chili, popcorn, etc. Of course we had $0 cash, but we're learning.

Her favorite though by far was the train. she would have stayed there for hours. I think we were there for at least 30 minutes. it was really neat, big train village with maybe 3 trains, lots of houses, etc. 

Proof that I swam in the ocean 32 weeks pregnant. It was chilly but the water was actually warmer than the air. This was the last time I went out. we left for St. George for Christmas a few days later, and by the time we came back at ~34 weeks I figured I shouldn't be swimming 1/2 mile away from shore. It was great though, really helped me get exercise during this pregnancy. Plus saw tons of sea lions (there is a bit of an infestation), lots of fish in the kelp. a bat ray, dolphins, and even 2 whales.

We did get a table top Christmas tree. Ada liked decorating it with Daddy.



All done! Showing off her new super nice bibs made by Nancy Anderson. 

Watching the advent calendar on the computer. Ada really liked the ice skating, the gingerbread men...I'm sure a few others too.

Poor Ty was forced to eat some sugar cones. Story goes with the first time I was kind of embarassed by Ada. We were at Target, and had let Ada walk instead of ride in the cart. She saw the box of ice cream cones and thought licking it was a good plan. Pretty funny. A few people nearby saw her, and thought it was cute but I thought it was maybe a tad unsanitary. So, we bought the box and some ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment