Monday, February 19, 2018

May/June 2017



May/June 2017 pictures in no particular order




Rachel has been great about waking up early and working out. As often as not, at least one of the kids is up with her to help motivate her or greatly increase the difficulty level. They push her hard, but offer extra smiles for motivation.






Sometimes, the kids misbehave so we have to put them in boxes while we cool down. They usually don't have to stay there longer than a couple of days.


Bath time! This has to be one of the best smiles we have from Seth. It was so good, that Rachel had it framed and Ty has it on his desk at work.


One of our favorite places to eat serves large rice noodle bowls. It's Ada and Seth's favorite place because they have a huge fish tank and toy machines (including the money grabbing claw).


 Camping in Big Bear



We went camping over Mothers Day with Shawna, Ryan, Auri, and Caden. The daytime weather was perfect, but it was colder than expected at night. The kids loved the camping. Can't wait to get out again and enjoy some fresh mountain air.



Seth needs a couple of solo slots since he is pretty far behind Ada as far as blog space. Here, he's helping Mama carry her smoothie to the car. He also loves to do everything his big sister does, so we have to keep his hair long enough to put in rubber bands.


Ada doesn't quite have enough material for her own gallery exhibit, but she is slowly building her portfolio (the pointilism work is hers)






Most weekends involve a workout for Daddy at the "close park", Lopez Ridge. Similar to their helpfulness of Rachel's workouts, they help Ty too. "I'll get you, Seth!"...."Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!"..."Don't worry, Daddy, I'll stop him!"







Check out those baby blues! They're bluer than Rachel's, so must be a combo of genes in there somewhere. In the other pic we're checking out a different park for Daddy's workout. This was clearly a difficult one.







Art Levin, Rachel's boss/friend/swim partner has some impressive vertical gardens at his new house. He needed some practice for the theoretical future grandkids. Ada and Seth have been over a few times to help them figure out what's childproof. Answer: not much. The gardens are though! Ada was very interested and even got to pick some berries.



I asked this worker where I could find hex head lag bolts, but she wasn't sure. I think she is pretty new to the job. She was, however, very adept at building tic tack toe boards. (She is loving the monthly Home Depot kids crafts and is working towards her special pin after ten crafts).


This is the other picture that Ty has on his desk. So sweet! It helps get Ty through the rough days of work to have reminders of why he should be working hard.







Another regular event at our house is magnet tower construction. Ada seems to have built herself into a bit of a pickle. 



"I'm sorry officer, I didn't think I was really going that fast...I mean, I can't even really see the speedometer so I am not sure what you expect me to do."




Ty's Nitto Biopharma company picnic included kayaks. Seth was mostly into it, but he occasionally seemed a little concerned about our ability to keep him out of the bay.







On June 30th right before the break, Ada's class did a super cute rendition of...um...a patriotic song in preparation for the coming Independence Day (more to come in July). 




What a goof. 
Ada's turn to type: ilove you






No comments:

Post a Comment